Tuesday, March 12, 2013

CAS...I think!! CAS(E) #18

Guess what I did *finally*!  I read the definition of CAS, before creating my card for CAS(E) #18, and realized how non-CAS some of my 'attempted' CAS cards are.  Okay,that's a nonsensical sentence, but if you've seen some of my cards, you'll be nodding your head - vigourously - in agreement.  So, newly enlightened and striving very hard uphold the key aspects of what constitutes 'clean and simple,' I'm hoping my card today is a step in the right direction!   Oddly, the "thinking" about this card took longer than the making...

Simple ingredients for this simple card (now I'm concerned it's too basic!!): 
  • Authentique "Fresh" paper (no idea when I even bought this up-until-yesterday poor neglected paper pad.  A new stash discovery, sort of 'vintage-y')
  • a doily die, ticket die and stamp, 
  • a fussy-cut butterfly and
  • a wee red pearl. 
Combine.  Card made.

Here's CAS(E) #18:


Here's my card :
(apologies for the colour, as it's actually more vibrant than the photo shows - the cardstock is 'solar white'...truly!!):

Thanks for stopping by!  A 'ticket' for you, to redeem for a day filled with all things warm and rosy...



3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Your CAS creation is gorgeous, Carol! I love the tickets that are perfectly centered and the popped up butterfly~

By the way, thank you for your sweet, sweet comments too~it made my day and blessed me so!

Shannon J said...

What a gorgeous card Carol! That doily is breath-taking, and those tickets are placed oh-so-perfectly! And don't forget, the definition of CAS is subjective - you can make it whatever you want! All of your cards are CAS and beautiful!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this card!!!

You seem to choose the best papers!

Few people can incorporate alot of paper with great designs so flawlessy with other elements - you really DO!