Sunday, March 17, 2013

Welcome Baby...Kitten, that is...PS Designer Drafts

It's been a week for babies around here!  Last week, a friend welcomed a great nephew into her life, and today, another colleague is bringing home her baby...a sweet, cute, Persian kitten!  I've seen pictures of little Sisi, and oh my goodness - she's enough to melt anyone's heart with her black and smokey-tipped fur, a smooshed wee nose, and the bluest of eyes.  Swoon...adorable with a capital "A."

I followed this week's Paper Smooches Designer Drafts Challenge to create - what else - but a welcome baby card for my friend.  She wasn't expecting Sisi to 'arrive' for another couple of weeks, however, when the call came to say 'come and get her,' my friend was on the road, ready to gather her 'special delivery.'  I imagine Sisi's paws won't touch the ground for a long time once she arrives home!  She's such a bundle of fluffy kitty darling!

Here's the Designer Draft:

and here's my PS Sparked "You're Purrr-fect" baby welcome:


Yes, I know - Sisi is blackish-grey, but in the world of gumdrop kittens, any colour goes!!

I'm excited to meet Sisi later this week; my friend's planning a baby shower!!!  

Thanks for dropping by!  I hope you have a "Purrr-fect" evening, snuggling with whoever is cute and cuddly in your life!!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your card is so cute! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the SPARKS challenge!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is soooooooo cute! I LOVE that sentiment for a brand new baby-- I need to remember that for when someone has a little one:) FAB take on the sketch! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!! Hope you will join in the fun again this week:)

Shannon J said...

I'm not sure what is cuter and sweeter - Sisi or this card! You knocked this one out of the park! The polka dots, the colours, the polka dotted cat, the paw prints - purrrfect little touches! You colleague will be touched by it's sweetness and your thoughtfulness.