Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Funky Frame Fusion...FUSION #2

A late meeting for my husband this evening means supper duties are all mine.  Solo.  I can do it.  Leftovers. Phew...
My responsibilities simplified, this leaves me two key tasks to accomplish.

#1.  This week's FUSION #2 Challenge is amazing!  See for yourself, and I'm sure you'll agree:
Chevrons (a small 'ouch' for me, but we're getting along better), polka-dots, green, grey, (love the pillows!), stripes, circles...endless possibilities, as the entries showcase.

Here's mine - and for once, I didn't deviate from the sketch 'too' much, except for placing a red flower inside the funky polka-dot, fussy cut TAWS Doodle Frame.  Had to. Just had to.  The same goes for popping up the frame and flower blossom.  'Tis a card with some 'height'...


#2. A hot bubble bath is calling my name, as is the couch, a warm blanket, and a rather quirky book -  The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.  Indulgence time, followed by supper reheating making.  Sometimes those late meetings do have positives...

Thanks for dropping by, and please know your comments are welcomed and appreciated, deeply.
Hope your evening is filled with some special little indulgences...

I'm ever so honoured, as Funky Frame Fusion was featured on TAWS:  http://thealleywaystamps.blogspot.ca/2013/04/creation-blvd-showcase_21.html






12 comments:

StephInOK said...

I love your card and that funky frame! Really unique! :)

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card...love the pop of red! Thanks for joining us for the Fusion Fun!

LauraJane:) said...

GREAT take on FUSION#2!
LOVE the frame.

Happy Dance said...

Love this!! That little pop of red is absolutely perfect with your card. I'm thinking, that after seeing this frame (with my favorite polka dots!) on your card, I've got to put that on my list. Dang! I really like your card. Totally fun. Bev

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card-I love it !
Nessa :)

Lyndal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyndal said...

LOVE, LOVE your Alley Ways frame - FAB card Carol!
So glad you joined in the fun at FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

Kim S said...

You have been getting fussed about stamping with colors - but I have to tell you that I love your patterned papers and fussy-cutting!! This is SO fun!

Jennifer said...

Saw your card on The Alley Way Stamps blog this morning and instantly recognized it as yours! Congrats on the shout-out! Super-fun card! :)

Kim S said...

Did you see that you were "swoon-worthy" on The Alley Way Stamps blog?? Congrats!!

Shannon J said...

Ummmm, I would say you and chevrons are getting along fantastically!!! HUGE congrats on the shout out over at TAWS! And so very much deserved - the flower popping out of the frame is so cool and funky. I love the vibe of this card so much!