Sunday, May 4, 2014

Forever and Always...Paper Smooches SPARKS: Anything Goes, Muse #65, Less is More #170: Three Colours, The Card Concept #9: Monochromatic Purple, Simon Says Wed. Anything Goes

Sunday evening...a day of staying inside, crafting and puttering about.  Since I've chatted immensely my last couple of posts (yes, the snow continues to fall...), I'll aim for brevity this time around.  Only one thing outside of card-making to share: chicken burritos, home-made by my husband, for dinner. SCORE!!

My card for this post is a simple little number, and I'm quite surprised by the number of challenges it fits...
Muse #65, where pretty simplicity reigns supreme with this week's inspiration by Gillian Ross

Less is More #170, where we're invited to use three colours or one colour, three shades;

The Card Concept #9: Monochromatic Purple (yes, a challenging colour for moi)


                   
Now, after all that hoopla, here it is: clean and layered, I think, and purple - definitely purple - with a Wink of Stella-ed ampersand....


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!!1

NOTE:  So honoured and delighted that this little number was selected as PS SPARKS Featured Player. THANK YOU!!


21 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Stunning card, so fresh and clean.

Kylie said...

OOoh, this is so pretty. Yay for staying in and creating on snowy days and a hubby who cooks (where do I find one of those? lol).

Ardyth said...

Very pretty! I love the pops of purple! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Jenni's Jems said...

Now this I like...a lot ,what a great take on the challenge! X

Jenni's Jems said...

Now this I like...a lot ,what a great take on the challenge! X

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, girl--everything you make is so great! I love this!

Anita in France said...

Fresh, crisp and so gorgeous, Carol ... the pops of colour against all that glorious white are purply perfect! Hugs, Anita :)

Anne said...

Wow! This is so effective, super CAS card!
Thank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Geri said...

Stunning card! Not only did you nail the monochromatic purple (not an easy feat!) but you also rocked the clean & layered design. Simplicity + color + Carol's amazing card making ability = WINNER WINNER!!!

Dana said...

Whoa!! I love it! Clean and simple, but with a punch!! (sorry about the snow!!)

Shannon J said...

OMG, I am so behind on my commenting...AGAIN!! Sheesh!! And I'm back to work tomorrow, so I'm trying to squeeze in some much needed commenting time, in between getting my lunch ready and figuring out what to wear (meeting with the boss tomorrow!! Forgive me for being so late??!!!
I {heart} this!! Big, giant, huge {heart} this!!! CAS perfection! You hit this one out of the part - um, just like ALL of the cards you have been posting. I am totally wow'd and inspired every time!!

Marisa said...

Great CAS cards :) The stitched borders adds that extra "oomph" wonderfully.

Melissa Bove said...

Super fabulous card!! Very pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Chrissie said...

Just love your LIM card!
It looks really fresh!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Katie Ann Brooks said...

all I can say is awwwww!

Unknown said...

Ooooooh, this is lovely Carol. Oh how I love the stitch edging…….this is so clean, simple but very elegant and classy too :0)

Viv said...

Great card Carol :) Viv xx

Jane said...

Absolutely love this card, takes clean to the extreme!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Fantastic CAS card! Love the use of the negative die space. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

Katie Gehring said...

This is so pretty- LOVE all the die cuts you used! Thank you for sharing your creation with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE the white space with the purple!!! LOVE the use of dies and the added glitter on your ampersand! FAB card, Carol:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge <3 Hope you join in the fun with our Picture Perfect challenge this week <3