Monday, August 4, 2014

Guest Designer at Uniko Studios: Pair of Pairs...ATCAS #44~Gold, Paper Krafting Challenge #15~Get Krafty, Virginia's View Challenge #6~ Shaped Card

Happy Monday!

Today's a holiday here in Alberta, and along with that, it's the third - and final - day of the three day "Tour de Bowness" bike races we've been officiating at over the weekend: the criterium race that laps around a neighbourhood in the Bowness area of Calgary (and home to Bow Cycles, the shop that sponsors this race).
Today is also my day to GD over at Uniko Studios for the Challenge #12 revisit, which was part of the 'extra' thrill of having my card selected as the winner of her Challenge #11.  Bev: so honoured, delighted and excited to be sharing my creations with you and your viewers.

Now, for those of you who don't know, sweet, talented Bev is 'this close' to becoming a mom: to TWINS. Specifically, to twin boys!!  We can imagine the excitement and anticipation, not to mention the decorating, baby clothes shopping (x 2) and over all preparations, that are occurring in her household. Busy, and extraordinarily fabulous times ahead...guaranteed!

My card-making decisions were evidently channeling the "twin' situation, because not only did I create a pair of cards...I created two pairs of pairs!  My first set features the Beautiful Blooms, which I'm totally smitten with (yes, I use them often!!), but this is the first time I've stamped them with distress inks: two shades of yellow and pink for the flowers and one for the leaves. I coloured the images with my markers, gave them a huff and a puff, stamped on water-colour paper - which results in an interesting texture - die cut them, added a sentiment, placed them on a kraft background (the distress inks 'popped' more on this rather than on white) and voila...two cards in fairly short order.  They'll also be heading off to Paper Krafting Challenge #5~Get Krafty.


The second set, inspired by ATCAS #33: Gold 




sent me straight to some of my other Uniko favourites, which are perfect for sweet little CAS creations:


The A Gift For You  present is stamped in black; the ribbon stamped in Delicata gold, and over-stamped with the outline image in black, fussy cut and popped up on foam bits.  A couple of wee sequin stamps, a sentiment from the same set and a gold foil 'wavy' background rounds out this little number.  The second is from Peace on Earth: the bough and sentiment are stamped in Delicata gold; the dove in black, the wee berries in yummy SU Real Red. Add some red foil background...done!

I hope you enjoyed my Uniko inspired creations and that you'll join in on Challenge #12 with your own Anything Goes dazzles and delights. For more inspiration, check out the entries already posted; much 'fabulous' to be seen!

22 comments:

Kylie said...

You remind me of the energiser bunny! You make so many cards and every one is unique and beautiful.

~amy~ said...

Yay for a holiday and yay for your guestie spot!
So much fun eye candy!

Deepti said...

Congratulations on ur Guest spot :) after all u r such a great crafter and we love ur cards! The more the better. Love all the card, gold on ur shaped cards is amazing, thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your sweet circle cards! The shape really compliment with your design so fabulously! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge! Congrats on the guest design, Carol!

sandie said...

Congrats on the GDT Carol-well deserved and you have made some awesome twin cards for us! I love the first 2-kraft and white just yummy and those big sentiments=perfect x

Marisa said...

These are precious - love the round cards :) Congrats on the GD spot! Hope the riders are not having to deal with the hot temps we are getting out here!

Susanne Vargas said...

Four fabulous cards in one post! And that even though it sounds like you are really busy with bike races!

Beverley said...

So lovely & thoughtful of you, wonderful to have you guest designing for Uniko Studio :) Hugs Bev x

Kay Miller said...

Oh happy holiday to you! It's a holiday here in the Kay Miller household too, just because I had a long and busy weekend and decided that it should be! haha! Your cards are ever so lovely! I like the twin of the twins idea! I always like to make several while I have all the stuff out. I love the watercolory stamped with distress inks look on the kraft background! The little CAS round cards are sweet too! Congratulations on your challenge win!! Enjoy your holiday! :) ((hugs))

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome card - love those flowers on Kraft!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun cards -- love the shaped ones, especially the one with gold~ Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

wienerhoneymooners said...

CONGRATS Carol, you are basking in the sunshine of your creativity, so well deserved to such a sweetheart!!! HUGS to YOU Congrats GD at Uniko, so wonderful Carol!!!!!! Thanks so much for thinking of us at Paper Crafrting Challenges, you are the SWEETEST EVER!!!!!!

Brenda said...

Good for you have some holiday time Carol and congrats to you for having your card selected. Of course it doesn't surprise me at all that your card was selected because you have awesome talents and are such a sweetie pie! I love, love your flower cards, and yes, if I owned that flower stamp I would use it often too. lol I also love your shaped cards, that package is awesome looking and I love the dove card too. Great shimmer in that gold, and lets face it who doesn't love gold?! You did marvelous girlfriend! Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

Happy Holiday to you Carol! Sounds like you having a wonderful day, from the bike races to being a guest designer for Uniko, such a well deserved honor too. Both pairs of your cards are fabulous...I love your gorgeous flowers on your first pair and those sweet shaped cards are so fun and just the perfect addition to any gift. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Happy Dance said...

Big congrats to you on your GD at Uniko!!!!! Well deserved, and well done too! You must be just tickled, I know I'm tickled for you, my friend. Two amazing pairs of cards...You've done Uniko proud! LOVE the way you've made your blooms; they are simply lovely. The kraft is a delight too. Sweet shaped cards as well. I love that little present! Four fantastic cards from one fantastic lady!! Have a great week, and keep creating!! Bev

Greta said...

Congrats, my friend, on your GD spot! Looks like I "need" to add Uniko to my collection! Your floral cards are some of my favorites & the sweet round ones are lovely with the gold! You're so sweet to take all that time to leave me comments--really brightened my day!

Shannon J said...

What a sweet idea to make twin cards (and two sets to boot!) to celebrate Bev's impending arrival! And wowza, yet again, you've knocked my socks off! Those first two cards belong in an art gallery! You are just showcasing your Uniko's beautifully - I think your GD stint with them should be made permanent! Love the second set of twins too! Sweet, funky, whimsical and FUN!!!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot at Uniko, Carol ... so well deserved! What beautiful blooms ... love the contrast of the white and kraft with those pops of perfect posies! Such cute shaped cards ... all the gold is gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Taunya Butler said...

Oh My Goodness - these twinner cards are astounding!! Love the beautiful florals - superbly done and the coloring looks flawless! Love the pops of color against the kraft background!!! Just awesomely done!! Your scalloped circle cards are to die for!! I love the utter cuteness they each have - both caught my eye as something I would like to give a try!! Have the best day!! Thinking of You - Taunya :)

Geri said...

A big whoo-hooo congrats on having your card chosen to earn the GD spot! The flower cards are stunning - great call to use the kraft paper - the blooms blossom! Love the wee circle cards too - sweet, simple and cute!

PS - Brady & Jeremy were watching the races all weekend!

Dana said...

Oh sweet cards!!! You are rocking the flowers!! And the shaped cards are fabulous!!! Love them all!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats on guest designing for Uniko. Gorgeous cards, love your beautiful flowers and the kraft was an excellent choice! Those two shaped cards are so lovely for Virginia's View! xoxo