Wednesday, January 6, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch #153, Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge~Frozen, Cute Card Thursday Challenge #407~Hey, What's New?, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~New


Hello!

Another gift - this time a wonderful win from Uniko stamps (Tracey's Christmas Tags series), and finally, finally, finally, a set of Bev's Stunning Snowflakes is mine!  Allll mine!  They arrived last Friday and came out to play yesterday.  The name couldn't be more apt...these images ARE stunning!

My card (made three,, actually...I'm into twofers and threefers of late) was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #153


(Oh man, but I hope I translated this properly! Eeek! A bit bedazzling that one was for me; 
apparently not so much for the 70 crafters ahead of me though.  Fingers crossed!)

and Curtain Call Challenge ~Frozen (my niece's favourite movie and I'm rather smitten with it, too!)


Here are three of my new snowflakes and a fabulous sentiment (which I completely {heart}); I double stamped soft pool for the largest snowflake, single stamped the middle-sized one and used soft granite (which I've had for quite a while but have  no recollection of ever using it! It's really pretty!)  for the smallest.  A few little rhinestoney bits and...done!


Two more sets of snowflakes calling for their turn on the stage...Stay tuned!  I'm not quite done with 'winter' yet...

NOTE: Honoured and delighted to be selected as one of the Show Stoppers at Curtain Call. THANK YOU!

Also entering:
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #407~Hey, What's New

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Something New

Time to get my 'sous chef' tasks done as my husband is on his way home (riding his bike..in the dark...on the snow and ice...yes *sighhhhh*)

Thank you so much for finding a snippet of time to spend with me; your visits are deeply appreciated!




25 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oooohhhh, congratulations on the win and receiving those beautiful snowflakes. I don't think that one can have too many snowflake sets (says the lady who seems to have a plethora of those kinds of stamp sets in her "stash"). You've used your new goodies to perfection on this card. I adore the colors you chose to give a frozen effect. The rhinestone "bits" add a perfect touch of sparkle. And that sentiment is among my favorites! Hope your hubby made it home safe and sound. Brrrr. Big hugs to you! :)

Carole said...

This is a lovely card.....love the colours and your interpretation. I reckon you have next Christmas covered!! Hope hubby was safe on that bike. No snow here.just rain.rain and more rain........growing webbed feet at this end! Hugs xx

*Vicki* said...

This is so so very pretty!! Your interpretations of both challenges are really spot on!! It is way too cold for bike weather over my way! LOL!! It's indoor biking for me! :) HUGS

Happy Dance said...

Ohhhhh....stunning snowflakes indeed! This card is the epitome of winter's best days; gentle, soft and sweet. So pretty, and girl, as our bud Geri says, "winner, winner, chicken dinner!" Calling it.... Miss you. Bev

I Card Everyone said...

How much do I wish I'd been able to keep Deborah's sets for another two months? This beauty was one of them! OH is this beautiful, c ... thanks for sharing it in our CTS gallery!
=]

Kay Miller said...

Oh just beautiful! I think you interpreted the sketch challenge just wonderfully! Your snowflakes and the colors are lovely! ((Hugs))

Pam said...

Gorgeous! This is just perfect, my friend!

Joyce said...

Your snowflakes are so very pretty. Love the colors you chose, and each one is perfectly placed.

Mimi said...

Hi there! I casually popped over after I saw that you left a comment on my Inkspirational. Omg, I got sucked into your blog! Your craftiness is amazing, and I love your writing! You have a new follower! Keep up the awesome work, new friend! Cheers!

Geri said...

Soooooo pretty and such an AWESOME interpretation of the sketch! Your snowflake idea fits perfectly!

Love the colors you chose - fabulous images!!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!! Those snowflakes are amazing!...I just may need to look into those. ;)

Marisa said...

Meeep!! Gorgeous snowflakes!! Gorgeous card :)

Barb Ghig said...

Your brandy new snowflakes couldn't be more perfect for the sketch...you nailed it, Carol! I love how you played with the color combo, too! Gorgeous card!!!

Greta said...

Beautiful snowflakes & colors--lovely card, Carol!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous win, Carol ... put to perfect use! Your flurry of fabulous snowflakes is a delight ... such a delicious colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Carol, this is fantastic!!! Love those glasses and the sentiment is wonderful. The best thing are the bling bits. They finish this beauty perfectly. Love!!!

Heather said...

A beautiful card, such pretty snowflakes with fabulous colours and a lovely sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Bobby said...

Love the colors and the arrangement of snowflakes, Carol. And the sentiment is perfect.

Darnell said...

You rocked Bev's snowflakes, Carol!! This is a pretty card in such awesome colors!! Hugs, Darnell

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the pretty snowflakes. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Something New challenge.
Gayatri xxx

Tracey McNeely said...

I am so happy you got your prize from Uniko and I love that you picked Stunning Snowflakes. I have the set and I {heart} it too. They are such pretty flakes and your card is gorgeous. I love the colours. Thank you for sharing with us st the Curtain Call!

Lisa H. said...

this is such a pretty card! love the snowflakes and how you used the colors. Thanks for linking up to the curtain call.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

YOur cards are always showstoppers - no exception here!

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...love your wonderful frozen flakes.