Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Lovely Day...Addicted to Stamps and More #175

Hello!

Already five days into the New Year...FIVE!  I need time to sloooowwww down, as I have so much crafting to do!  Speaking of which:  my wonderfully talented team and I are delighted to invite you to the first challenge of 2016 over at Addicted to Stamps and More #175

Aren't those flowers gorgeous! I'm quite sure most of us are ready to see real flowers blooming...

My card today features a birthday gift received from a most AWESOME blogging friend (who 'might' just have a hamster and his family residing at her house...hint, hint! THANK YOU so much, Darnell!). This Lovely Spring stamps and die set is ever so wonderful, ever so laden with possibilities, ever so amazing! Indeed, I did something I've not ever done: created a do-it-myself wreath.  Ta dahhhhh....


Aren't those flowers and leaves the sweetest?  How about that sentiment? Such a lovely *lovely*. I'm smitten (and I'll prove how smitten I am when you see the results of my second date with this set!). For a 'first time' made-all-on-my-own effort, I'm quite happy with the results. I hope *our* darling friend and you are, too!

Please visit the other gals to see how they were inspired by the beautiful bouquet.  After that...YOUR TURN!

See you in the gallery; I'm looking forward to your colourful creations with flowers...or woodgrain...or...well, the possibilities are all YOURS!

Also entering:
Creative Corner Challenges~Anything Goes

Simon Says Monday Challenge~Something New (my stamps and dies are new AND they're Simon Says!)

Allsorts Challenge #344~What's New (a 'new' to me challenge that looks ever so inviting!)


Wishing you a wonderful day; as wonderful as your visit has made mine!




28 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You just made the perfect card for this wonderful inspiration picture! Swoon! It will be hard coming up with something original after seeing this....

Marybeth said...

Oh Carol your card is just perfect for the inspiration photo, what a gorgeous wreath of blooms. Love the woodgrain background too , I might have that one.
Thank you for all your comments and I loved learning about your newer than mine ,,, marriage :)

Greta said...

I love wreaths & this is just Spring personified! Love it, Carol!

Joyce said...

Well, what a gorgeous way to start the new year. Beautiful flowers and I love your wreath.

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Carol...you knocked your first made by you flower wreath out of the park! Look at all the gorgeousness! First of all, those colors are just so happy! Your placement is absolutely spot on and the wreath just looks so happy nestled on the woodgrain "wall" there. Can I say the flowers are fabulous, too?! Fantastic work! How sweet of Darnell to send you such happy mail!

Sandra said...

Such a fun and bright card, the wreath looks wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Happy Dance said...

Hmmmm....why don't I have your birthday on my calendar? You'd better let me know the date, so I can get it on there. Belated birthday wishes dear friend. And your card is indeed lovely. That wreath is so sweet; one I'd like to hang on my front door in a couple of months! Pretty Springtime colors, and that background is perfect for it. Wonderful card! Miss you. Bev

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely stunning, brilliant and so pretty!! You've done such an amazing job with the inspiration photo my friend!! Thanks for making me smile this morning! :) HUGS

stempelfrida said...

This is such a beautiful flower wreath you made! Actually, since we have quite unusually warm temperatures over here in Germany, some of the flowers in the garden are blooming, which usually only bloom in summer!!! Hugs from your ATSM team-mate stempelfrida

Mervi said...

Gorgeous flower card, beautiful colours.
Thank you for sharing this lovely creation over at Allsorts;-))m

Julie B said...

Love the embossed bark background to this pretty flower wreath Carol. :)

Anonymous said...

Bee-utiful flower card, love those blooms!!!!!!

Kay Miller said...

What a gorgeous wreath Carol! And best of all it was created with such a sweet gift from Darnell! Your colors are so pretty too! I can't wait to see what you come up next with this set! ((Hugs))

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Carol! Love the colors!

Melissa L. said...

Lovely use of your birthday gift, Carol. :) I like the embossed background.

I Card Everyone said...

You've outdone yourself with this stamped wreath, c ... D will be thrilled you've had so much fun with her gift!
=]

Peanut said...

Super gorgeous, Carol! I could do with some colour right now. It's all so dark and gloomy and cold here...yuck! That pretty wreath is just what the doctor ordered!
hugs Asha

Anita in France said...

What a bright and beautiful wreath, Carol ... it just sings spring sunshine to me! Our lovely friend will be so enamoured with how you were inspired by her gift! Hugs, Anita :)

Veerle said...

Pretty and bright card, makes me long for the summer already. Thank you for joining our AG challenge.
Veerle DT - CreativeCorner Challenges

Geri said...

LOVE this color combo - so bright and so much fun!!!

A+ on your 1st "made-all-on-your-own" wreath. Perfect placement of all the cute wee elements!

Marisa said...

I can't wait for spring and flowers to show up in my garden again!! Gorgeous mix of colours and a beautifully layered wreath.

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful, Carol! I love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a GORGEOUS wreath, Carol! I love how you played with the colors from the inspiration photo, and your woodgrain background is the perfect touch! Darnell is so thoughtful :)

Bobby said...

I'm so proud of you for making your own wreath, Carol, and a gorgeous one at that. I love that you added a woodgrain backdrop, too. It's so perfect for the sketch. I can see you using Darnell's gift in so many different ways.

Lilian said...

This is beautiful! Love the wreath!
Lilian DT teamie
The Leaf Studio

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card!!

creationsnz said...

Lovely and fresh, wonderful take on the inspiration photo

Kim Heggins said...

Carol, this is so beautiful. I love your gorgeous wreath of sweet posies.