Sunday, August 28, 2016

Altenew Watercolour Wonders Thank You...Altenew August 2016 Inspiration Challenge~Flamingos, NBUS Challenge #7, Sweet Stamping Challenge~No Designer Paper

Hello,

We're at my mom-in-law's at the moment (yayyy for nice weather!),heading home in a couple hours, so I'll be super quick with my post.  Altenew's Watercolour Wonders set has been sitting in my NBUS pile for far too long! Last week, before we left, I gave it a whirl; the allure of Altenew August 2016 Inspiration Challenge~Flamingos was far toooo tempting to resist.


I know there's nothing particularly 'original' with my design, but...I'm thrilled *pats self on back* that I figured out the laying process (far easier than I initially thought).  I used Altenew Frosty Pink for the flowers,  Cotton Candy for the flower centers, Morning Frost for the leaves and sentiment from Many Thanks.


NOTE: Honoured and thrilled to be selected as a Sweet Stampin' Challenge Spotlight Top 3! THANK YOU!

In fact, after making three in pink, I enjoyed the layering so much that I just carried on in different colours (and here I thought I didn't like making 'multiples' of cards. HA! Do so!...well, up to a point).




Peach Parfait (flowers), Cotton Candy (centers), Frayed Leaf (leaves), Painted Greetings (sentiment).


Same as the one above, using Many Thanks sentiment.



Peach Parfait (flowers), Cotton Candy (centers), Frayed Leaf (leaves), Painted Greetings (sentiment).

Of course, being this is allll brand new schtuff, I'm joining awesome Darnell's NBUS Challenge #7



 Darnell, thank you again for giving us opportunity to summit our stash mountain!! 

Thank you so much for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!


24 comments:

Carole said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous,GORGEOUS!! Love your cards and colour choices and I sa can't wait to get my hands on some Altenew stamps...bet by the time I do they will be old hat and something new will be born!!

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards here Carol, love the soft colours and pretty flowers ;) Viv xx

Julie B said...

Such a pretty set of cards Carol, I've been eyeing these stamps for a while. Not given in yet but after seeing these I may add to the wish list for the stamp fair in October! :)

Happy Dance said...

Oh my girl, these are fantastic! And shame on you!!!! I'm trying to be "good" at least until the middle of next month, and now I not only want these amazing stamps, but I also want all the inks too, hahahahahaha!! I love these beauties, and kudos to you for making them in all these gorgeous colors. Love 'em!! Bev

Anita in France said...

How beautiful, Carol ... such a gorgeous design ... and so lovely in all those fabulous colours ... love each one! Hugs, Anita :)

Pam said...

Gorgeous, my friend!

Peanut said...

These are gorgeous, Carol. I'm in love with the pink... or is it the peach. Maybe the yellow is my favourite... Oh why do you make it so difficult to pick a fave, Carol They are all watercolour wonders. :)
x Asha

Sue - said...

Pretty, pretty cards. Love the soft colours too, don't think I can pick a face as I love them all!

lostinpaper said...

What a great idea to carry on with a set of cards and all in such pretty colours too, I can't even pick a fave. You have reminded me that I haven't given this set any love in a while and might just have to get it out again, thanks for the inspiration!

Darnell said...

You're welcome, Carol! Thank YOU for playing along! I can see why you would want to make an assembly line production of this stunningly gorgeous design! You are a pro at it! Really, it took my breath away! Naughty word, now I have to go buy MORE NBUS!!! Safe drive home! Lots of hugs, Darnell

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What beautiful creations! Such a fabulous take on our 'No Designer Series Paper' challenge. So stunning. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin' crew this week. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Aileen said...

Carol these look beautiful. I never ordered this stsmp set cause I usually dont like loose watercolour look but what you have done is show me just how beautiful they can look. Now I have to buy these, you have done the most delightful job. Stunning

Dana said...

Oh so pretty!! Great color choices, so soft and yet very colorful!!

Geri said...

OH! MY! GOODNESS! These cards are STUNNING! The soft, subtle colors are perfect for this stamp! I'd say that you definitely have this 'layering' technique down pat!

~amy~ said...

Such gorgeous blooms! Loving all the colors too!

Shelly said...

These are so soft and pretty! Love!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful but the pink is my favourite. I think I need that stamp now!

Greta said...

I love pink, but have to say, the peach cards are just stunning! I'm loving my one Altenew stamp set--think I really "need" some more--like this one!

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such beautiful CAS cards - I love the soft colours you've used. These are just perfect for our 'No NDP' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Jeanne said...

I'm late to this party, but beauty never goes out of style and these cards are beautiful! Well done, Carol. You have some very pretty inks as well as lovely stamps. Thanks for sharing!

Marisa said...

GORGEOUS cards. Love the soft colours adn of course, the flower image :)

Rose said...

Beautiful cards Carol! All so very pretty & soft!

Kim S said...

Lovely soft colors. The variations are subtle and realistic - and give so much dimension.

Joan B said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!