Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Roses...STAMPlorations Love TAGplorations, STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge

Hello,

Well, I'm back, feeling rather tired and yes, a tad lonely, from 12 days away on my 'working' visit at my mom's. The seven days I was scheduled to mark diploma exams extended into ten! Bleary-eyed by the end...but happy for the extra time to hang out with my family! My husband joined us for the weekend, and we headed back early Monday morning...in a snowstorm...where I left him at the airport (business trip to Austria...) and then braved the nasty road conditions all on my own. White-knuckled drive...but I made it!  On my own for the next few days so we know what I'll be doing...crafting! And being messy about it, too! *grin*

Anyway, the 'important news' is that I'm  thrilled to be joining Shery and her awesome team for Day 1 of STAMPlorations Love TAGplorations. Seven days of tag-making fun from the team, as well as opportunities for you to win prizes! Woo hoooo! Easy peasy: hop-and-comment and/or (preferably 'and'...) play along with us. All you need to do: design a love or Valentine themed card and add it to the link at STAMPlorations.


Two simple one-layer love tags for you today, featuring the Luggage Tag Nesting Dies, Mixed Media Grunge (I don't see it at the shop...eek!), Mixed Media Elements and Blossom Overture.  The variety of mixed media images takes the guess work out of creating a cool background...and is especially wonderful for those of us, like me, who aren't quite sure how to 'do' mixed media on our own...




Okay...sending you on your way....lots to see from the rest of the team!  See you in the gallery, right? Right!

Stay tuned for more tags in the next couple of days...

Quick note: I'm doing my best to catch up on your fabulous creations of late! Your wonderful visits and comments on my couple o' posts while I was 'away' are soooo appreciated! Treasure friends, all!

Also sharing at:

STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge


Thank you for spending time with me today; your visit brings me joy!


26 comments:

MariLynn said...

Great tags. Love the mixed media elements mixed with the crispness of the roses.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Carol, these are all simply GORGEOUS!!! Love the collage in the background to put color on your rose images! Very stunning work my friend! Rest your eyes!! :) HUGS

New Creations said...

Love the graphic look in the BG really popped up the rose image so well on both!

Mac Mable said...

Fun backgrounds and love how you've stamped the images in black, works so well x

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Great tags :)

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous tags! Love the use of the mixed media set (which I have!).

nancy littrell said...

I love the CAS design of your artsy tags Carol. TFS Hugs.

Suchi said...

Cool CAS tags !! :)
Suchi xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome tags! Loved the background

Jeanne said...

A mixed blessing to be home after such a long visit, I'm sure. Especially with the hubby away before you even get there. Your tags are nice an eclectic, which is the epitome of mixed media, no? Lovely roses on a unique background. You chose some great colors! :)

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Ravishing.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful tags..love it..

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love these two tags - so feminine:)

Geri said...

Really cool backgrounds and really cool images! Love the bright pink ink!!!

Valerija said...

Lovely tags. I like them both.
Valerija xx

Marsha said...

I love the color BG behind the rose. So pretty.

JenniferE said...

Such beautiful tags! Love the softness of the colors and the stamps!

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

beautiful tags!!

Ann said...

Beautiful tags, love them.

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely tags with those beautiful roses!

Kim S said...

I love that there's a bit of "grunge" yet it's still wonderfully fresh and clean!! What a 12 days you've day! I'm glad your family was part of your time after long days of grading!

Craftyfield said...

Lovely "Mixed Media" background! I'll try and remember this technique...

Kathy said...

love the simplicity of these tags and the mixed media. I'm going to try this as I haven't attempted before.

Bobby said...

I can't do mixed media on my own and I'm not sure I could do it like you did with stamps, Carol. Your tags are fabulous.

Helen said...

Carol, what a great background for your rose stamp. Its subtlety highlights this single flower so beautifully. Thanks for sharing it.

Sue D said...

Beautiful rose tags!